Manali : A melting pot of emotions and experiences, with its rough terrain, lush slopes, peculiar cuisine, and Himalayan architecture. In front of a backdrop of imposing mountains, you will hear the roar of a mighty river. Such unique experiences and vistas encourage a vacation to Manali.
- Best time to Visit: March - June Summer season is the most popular time of the year to visit.
- How to reach? : Mentioned below are a couple of options:
- The airports at Kangra and Bhuntar are nearby for air travel.
- You can also travel by road, using a bus from Delhi or a car through Manali's mountains.
Where to stay?
- The Himalayan castle resort is located in Kully Valley, which has Victorian Gothic architecture, antique furniture, medieval arches, and cast iron fireplaces.
- A few miles outside Manali, on a hilltop, lies a quaint two-bedroom mountain lodge called The Taara House. Together with repurposed wood, Scandinavian lighting, and local artifacts, the room has an eclectic feel to it.
Where to eat?
The Lazy Dog
This is one of the most beautiful cafes in the area. You can spend hours lazing here with a vast open space and a canopy of trees covering most of it.
It is a cozy restaurant with a cute vintage ambiance that plays excellent music.
Basil Leaf Manali
With indoor and outdoor seating, this restaurant lets you enjoy barbecue and bonfire as per the availability.
With a laid-back ambiance, this cafe lets you unwind over fantastic music and delicious Italian food.
It serves the best soul food, mostly sourced from its kitchen garden. Also, the wood-fired pizzas and calzones are a must-try.
The essence of Manali: Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vashisht Village, and Jogini Falls.
Adventure in the Valley: Rohtang pass, Salong Valley (adventure).
Day trips from Manali: Kasol - A hippie paradise also known for delicious Israeli food.
The outfit you MUST wear in Manali : PEACH DRIP JACKET AND PANTS.